St Columba's Catholic Primary School

Search

Student Information

School Procedures

Terms 1,2,3,4

8.45 am           Start of school.

10.15 am          Morning tea

10.40 am          Second teaching block

11.40 am          10 minute break

11.50 am          Third teaching block

12.50 pm          Lunchtime

1.45 pm            4th teaching block

2.45 pm           Finish of School

Teachers can not be responsible for students outside of these hours as they need preparation time and are often attending meetings.  As a general rule, pupils should not be at school before 8.00 a.m. nor after 3.00 pm, unless arrangements with the school have been made.  Please ensure your child is on time for the start of the school day.   This gives the opportunity for a well prepared and settled beginning to classes.

WET DAYS

There will be no change to the timetable on wet days.

ABSENCE FROM SCHOOL

If your child is absent from school, please inform the school office before 9 a.m. on the morning of absence.   When a child returns to school after an absence he/she should bring a written explanation from his/her parents or guardian.

LATENESS

Students need to be at school, ready for class by 8.45am. This means that routines can and expectations can be set by the teacher.  If a student arrives late, they are required to check in through the office so that office personnel can verify that student's attendance at school for that day.

APPOINTMENTS

You are asked, when possible, to avoid making appointments for students during school hours.

CONTACTING THE SCHOOL

The office staff hours are 8.30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. If you wish to contact any of the teaching staff, this is best done before school or between 1.15 and 1.40 p.m. or after school; alternatively you may leave a message at the office.

VISITS TO SCHOOL

Parents who wish to contact students during school hours must do so through the Office.   This avoids learning and teaching in classrooms from being interrupted.

CONCERNS

If parents or caregivers have any issues or concerns, these should be addressed in the first instance to the person that it concerns, or the classroom teacher.   If following discussions, the issue is unresolved, the next point of contact is the Team Leader followed by the Deputy Principal then Principal.  If your concern is still not addressed, then you are invited to write to The Board of Trustees Chairperson. This needs to be received seven days prior to a board meeting.

(Please see school's Concerns and Complaints Policy)

ILLNESS AND ACCIDENTS AT SCHOOL

If a child becomes ill at school, we shall endeavour to contact his/her parents but, if we cannot do so, we will use our discretion in regards to seeking medical aid or advice.  If both parents are working, we should have the name and telephone number of someone who can be called in an emergency.

STUDENTS LEAVING SCHOOL

If, for any reason, parents need to collect students from school, it is necessary for the parent to sign the child out at the office.

HEALTH

All parents fill in the personal record for each of their children on enrolment.   If anything changes, please contact the school office.  If a child suffers from any allergy or is prone to sudden illness, the school should be notified.  Where appropriate, medication e.g. allergy medication/asthma inhaler should be handed into the school office.

DENTAL

Students attend the Dental Clinic at Frankton at no charge.  Parents are welcome to contact the Dental nurses regarding dental care and development.   Phone 8471283.