In order to give the senior students opportunities to exercise responsible leadership and to interest all students in school activities, a House System operates at the school. Students have been divided into four houses namely:
Patron of young women
Maria Goretti was canonized by Pope Pius XII in 1950 and Alessandro was present. As a result of this, he repented and later became a Catholic. She was chosen to be the patron of boys and girls, that she might help them to be pure.
· Maria was born in Italy in 1890
· She was martyred by a man named Alessandro
· She forgave her murderer just before she died
· She asked God to forgive him for what he did
· Maria died holding the crucifix and a medal of the Blessed Virgin Mary
· She was only 12 years old
Patron of Spanish Catholic Writers
· Teresa was born in Spain in 1515
· As a child she loved to read stories about the lives of saints
· When Teresa was young, she became unwell and was unable to walk.
She prayed and was healed.
· Her mother died when Teresa was 12
· Teresa joined the Carmelite Order of Sisters
· Through prayer, work and sacrifice Teresa brought many people to Jesus
· She wrote in one of her diaries:
"Let nothing trouble you, let nothing make you afraid.
All things pass away. God never changes.
Patience obtains everything.
God alone is enough."
· Teresa died on October 4th, 1582
Patron of the Falsely Accused
Dominic Savio was made a saint of the Catholic Church and is honoured as the patron of teenagers.
· Dominic was born in Riva, Italy in 1842
· He attended Mass often and enjoyed altar serving
· His school mates liked him because he was very kind and cheerful
· He studied hard and loved to pray
· He always chose to do the right thing
· He was 15 when he died
· Gerard was born in Muro, Italy in 1726
· He was the son of a tailor who died when Gerard was 12
· He joined the Redemptorist Order at the age of 23
· He was professed a lay brother in 1752
· He spent a life in silent prayer and especially praying for pregnant women
· He was loving, obedient and a servant for others
· He died of tuberculosis in 1755 at the young age of 29
· He said:
"Here the will of God is done,
As God wills,
And as long as God wills."
* Siblings from the same family are placed in the same House.